Our history

Trinity is a joint Methodist and United Reformed church.

 

It was formed in 1973 when Trinity Methodist Church and Sutton United Reformed Church (formerly Sutton Congregational Church) decided to come together.

 

Our building was opened in 1907 as Sutton Wesleyan Methodist Church, to meet the needs of the growing congregation and replacing a building in Carshalton Road. 

Our building is an attractive landmark in the town, and is Grade 2 listed.

 

 

In 1971 the four churches in central Sutton, St. Nicholas’ Parish Church, Sutton Baptist Church, Trinity Methodist Church and Sutton Congregational Church signed a covenant to work together, and we have shared various aspects of our life and worship since then.

The opening of Trinity Church in 1907

The crowds arriving for the opening ceremony in 1907.